The home bar movement has started since the 1970s after the Baby Boomers return from the vicious war. At this point, a glass of mixed Gin is a favorable habit of the Navy veteran for self-indulgence. Until now, it still remains as one of the modern pleasures for every 21st gentleman who treasures the value of private saloon for self enjoy or business meeting.
Creating a private bar at home certainly provides plenty of unexpected benefits. If you drink responsibly, it definitely worth the building effort. In the long run, a 12 to 17 dollar cocktail at a casual bar will no longer be bothering you. Instead, having an unlimited seat, drink, and time with your music preference is the best option for an erotic Friday night.
Setting up a personal Home Bar is a relatively puzzling yet exciting activity. There are many possible places at home for this unique pleasure, such as living room, dining room, kitchen, garage, basement, or even bathroom. However, we would recommend having it in the dining room or kitchen. It is because wine and liquor stores in your bar should be a cool area, make sure to avoid as much heat and sunlight as possible. As a result, the dining room and kitchen are a suitable place to store them as well as convenient to move and clean glassware.
If I had to live my life over, I’d live over a saloon
The Bar Cart is an incredible idea to enhance the dining room environment due to its simplicity and versatility. The popular bar carts with a variety of wine bottles are not only the crucial displaying for the dining room but also a roomy space for the container, glassware, bar tools, etc. When choosing the bar cart, consider if its carts design is matching with your interior. Besides, keep it clean and minimal by only place a few favorable liquor bottles. Finally, switching to a few decorative ornaments to spire up the energy and create your unique style.
Similar to the Bar Cart, this type of storage is also a visual enhancer for your liquor collection. Displaying liquor drinks on the cabinet makes it feel more robust and secure. Cabinet comes with different styles and variations from standing to wall mount by wood, metal, and glass.
Another advantage of the cabinet is that you could choose to display or hide or your liquor collection from an unwanted guest and keep them away from pets and little kids.
Once you start to enjoy drinking at your home, investing in a counter table might not be a bad idea in the long term. The bar counter can combine with the kitchen and dining room for a unique layout. It met the purpose of organizing and serving drinks at the same time. Depending on the design for the counter, you could choose to display or hide the bottles. There are two options for the bar counter: the dry bar and the wet bar. The wet bar is exceptionally convenient to wash and clean bar tools and glassware while the dry bar is more gentle and elegant.
It is relatively essential to equip a set of barware for your bartending pleasure. However, for casual mixed drinks or shots, it doesn’t take more than a couple of glasses or spoons. Eventually, the more complex drink will require more tools such as wine opener, shaker, jigger, a bar spoon, and a strainer. If you are a cocktail fan, it is crucial to equip a knife, a fruit filter, a mixer, and a peeler. Lastly, reserving ice is a mini-fridge or an ice container whenever you need it. Ice makes a significant boost for the drink, but it will ruin the drink when adding too soon.
Every glassware in your bar should serve its purpose on the specific drinks. For instance, a rock glass cannot be used for champagne or wine. Instead, drinking wine always requires stemware glasses to isolates the head from our palm that affects the drink.
- Red wine requires a roomy bowl with a wide-open top that makes the wine oxidate faster and easier to swirl.
- White and sparkling wine, on the other hand, requires a narrow surface to retain the bubble and flavor from evaporating too quickly.
- For the cocktails mix-liquor and juices, traditional cone shape Martini glass, highball, and lowball glass are incredibly suitable for the drink. Cone-shape stem glass is often incredible for the drink without ice. It’s open-surface, allows the drinker to sense the mixture while enjoying the taste. Ball glasses, on the other hand, offer a more substantial portion of ice cubes.
- The design of shot glasses is smart. The extra thick material at the bottom of the glass strengthens it when the aggressive drinker slams it down. Similar to the Ball glass, shot glasses display the drink inside and able to contain 1 to 2 ounce of liquid.
Drinking is a pleasure
Finally, it’s time to explores “what it tastes” for your excellent home bar.
I assume you are a drinking guru, or at least, you already know what is seducing at the moment. Therefore, one of the surprising facts below could address your favorite drink.
- J. Wray & Nephew Rum is one of the oldest Rum that ever manufactures. It has over 80’s years since the 1940s and has a value of US $54000.
- Whiskey is healthy if you take a reasonable amount. According to the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, consuming whiskey reduces the risk of heart disease as well as cancer
- In Yunessun Spa Resort in Hakone, a giant hot tub of red wine is open for guests to bath in the Spring Festival. Similar to whiskey, red wine is a treat for your body
- The top-selling Volka brand is started from a humble peasant in Russian. Indeed, Pyotr Arsenievich Smirnov, if you find it familiar, began his venture in a rural village. He is a master in guerilla marketing, as he offered a free drink for the neighborhoods and paid them to drink at the local tarven.
- It could take more than 13 years to make a Tequila bottle. The Blue Agave plant, the main ingredient for Tequila, can only be harvested after 8 – 12 years.